I absolutely loved THE LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa and Laura Roecker. Today I’ve got the snazzy main character of the series, Kate Lowry with the Top Ten Stupid Mistakes Villains Make. Kate dissects and lists the mindless mistakes that Pemberly Brown’s secret societies make while attempting to sneak around the campus. And? Enter to win a copy of the second book in the series, THE LIES THAT BIND, courtesy of Sourcebooks Fire!
Hey guys! Kate Lowry here from THE LIES THAT BIND. Today, I want to share with you my top ten list of stupid mistakes villains make. Really.
10. Leave doors/windows/cars/lockers OPEN. Villains are busy people. Or perhaps they were raised in a barn. Either way, if the door’s open, I’m going in. Don’t mind if I do…
9. Loud talkers. Villains missed the day of preschool when the teachers reviewed inside voices. Plus, voices carry in those tunnels. I don’t even have to put my ear to the hatch!
8. Lose their cool around girls. I’m not proud of it, but sometimes a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do and sometimes that means showing a little skin. I’ve gotten entire secret maps of Pemberly Brown by merely unbuttoning one button.
7. Carry baggage. Student files are fascinating. And often thick. My best friend works in the office. What do you expect?
6. Hang with the wrong crowd. Be careful who you trust, bad guys. Who knows, they might even be worse than you.
5. Perform not-so-secret ceremonies in not-so-private places. The clock tower again? Really? How have you not seen me crouched behind these low shrubs?
4. Have no respect for property, even if it is a dilapidated building of Brown. Lists of names on walls? Check.
3. Twirling moustaches. Whenever I have a doubt over who the real bad guy is, I can usually identify them by their telltale mustache. Thanks Headmaster Sinclair!
2. Forming secret societies. Um, guys, hate to break it to you, but NOTHING stays secret at Pemberly Brown. At least not while I’m around.
1. Messing with my friends. I might not be the most popular girl in school and I’m definitely not the toughest (Bethany, I’m looking at you), but you mess with my friends and I will throw down. Justice is tough to find at Pemberly Brown, but I won’t rest until I find it.
Lisa and Laura Roecker are sisters-turned-writing-partners with a love of all things Young Adult. Some call it arrested development, but the sisters claim it keeps them young. Plus, its cheaper than Botox. Lisa and Laura live in Cleveland, Ohio in separate residences. Their husbands wouldn’t agree to a duplex. THE LIAR SOCIETY is their first novel.
Here’s a little bit more about THE LIES THAT BIND:
Just when Kate Lowry thought she had life at elite private school Pemberly Brown figured out, she cracks open a fortune cookie to find a message from her best friend Grace–who’s supposed to be dead.
Another Sister Gone.
A classmate has gone missing, and Kate soon realizes that the disappearance is tied to the secret societies that rule her private school. Her best friend died for their secrets, and there’s no way she’ll let them get away with it twice. It’s up to quirky outsider Kate to get some answers, but in a school where every answer leads to more questions and nothing’s as it seems, who can she trust?
Enter for your chance to win a copy of THE LIES THAT BIND, courtesy of Sourcebooks Fire, right after the break!