The first Reading Road Trip was a blast – and now, Britta and I are excited to be back for another year!
The Reading Road Trip is an annual event hosted by Britta and myself. The event takes place during the month of July and spans the entire North American continent. 3 countries and 50 states (and one District of Columbia!). Think of it as a unique twist to the classic giveaway hop we see gracing the blogosphere.
Each day during the Road Trip, one or two blogs will post a giveaway with some fun facts about his/her state/country/district.
The giveaway must feature:
(a): books that take place in your chosen state/country, OR
(b): books written by an author who lives in your chosen state/country.
Who can sign up to host? Any blog is welcome to participate! Both hosting blogs are YA driven, but the road-trip is open to all levels. YA/Adult/MG will be specified in the final list.
Once sign-ups are complete and assignments are finalized, we’ll put up another post with a list of all the hosts and locations. We’ll even publish an trip itinerary with easy links and dates that you can bookmark and visited all month long!
Ready to be a host? The sooner you sign up, the higher the chance of your first choice state being available!
Simply fill out the form below with your top three choices of a state/country. We will assign the places at a first come, first serve basis. If your top three have already been taken, you will be contacted and allowed to choose over the people who signed up after you (and so on).
I want to host, but I don’t know what book to giveaway… We’ve solved that problem this year! See THIS LIST for YA novels by the state they take place in.
I’m ready, now how do I promote it? Grab one of the buttons I made!
Before you sign up, here are some rules:
- RRT must be the first post you see on your blog on your assigned date
- Not posting will result in exclusion from future RRTs
- Giveaway must be open in the country the stop is in (Mexico stop must be open to Mexican entries, and Canada stop must be open to Canadian entries)
- Giveaway can be for a book that features the given state/country, or a book who’s author is from said place
- Giveaway MUST have a free entry. Requiring a follow is NOT allowed (but you can do this for extra entries)
- Requiring a follow will result in exclusion from future RRTs
Please do NOT sign up if you can not keep the commitment. One person not posting throws off the whole trip!
(If you are having trouble with the embedded form, see the link HERE)