I’ve heard excellent things about Amalie Howard’s WATERFELL and I am stoked to get started on it. If the cover is any indication, it takes place partially underwater – which I LOVE. Today, I’ve got the protagonist of the story, Nerissa, here with her bucket list. First, here’s a little about the book – which released yesterday!
Nerissa Marin hides among teens in her human form, waiting for the day she can claim her birthright—the undersea kingdom stolen from her the day her father was murdered. Blending in is her best weapon—until her father’s betrayer confronts Nerissa and challenges her to a battle to the death on Nerissa’s upcoming birthday—the day she comes of age.
Amid danger and the heartbreak of her missing mother, falling for a human boy is the last thing Nerissa should do. But Lo Seavon breaches her defenses and somehow becomes the only person she can count on to help her desperate search for her mother, a prisoner of Nerissa’s mortal enemy. Is Lo the linchpin that might win Nerissa back her crown? Or will this mortal boy become the weakness that destroys her?
Nerissa Marin’s Bucket List
Here are the top ten things on Nerissa Marin’s bucket list:-
1. Skydive … as in jump out of a moving plane at thirteen thousand feet. I just hope that I don’t go full morph from a major panic attack. Can you imagine seeing a sea monster flailing for its life dive-bombing from the sky at a hundred and twenty miles per hour? Yep, me neither.
2. Take Jenna on a tour to Waterfell. But first, I’d have to hijack James Cameron’s mini-submarine.
Part2: Organize a heist to “borrow” James Cameron’s submarine.
3. Explore a rainforest. Maybe the Amazon. I’m not really a fan of snakes (sea or land ones), so this one’s not a priority. Maybe I’ll see the Northern Lights, instead.
4. Start a non-profit organization to help conserve the earth’s oceans and raise global awareness.
5. Visit all the continents in the world: North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Australia, Antarctica and Africa.
6. Travel into space and maybe see Sana, where my people are from. I know it’s a dead planet, but it would be kind of cool to see where the Aquarathi originated.
7. Sing in a girl band <---- I made that one up to see if you were paying attention. No, I don’t want to sing a in a girl band, but it would be awesome to go backstage at a really cool concert. I’d sell my soul to the sea gods to meet Jared Leto from Thirty Seconds to Mars. 8. Get a tattoo. Although I’m not sure how this would go on my skin. Chances are it would disappear the minute I got inked. Or my scales would decide to break the needle. If I could though, I’d get a quote in script inside my left forearm: “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” 9. Learn to snowboard. I have a feeling I’d be pretty bad at this despite my love of surfing. Contrary to what many may think, the two aren’t really the same. Plus, falling into the sea is way more forgiving than hard mountain terrain. Ouch! 10. Swim around the world as fast as I can. And then do it again.
AMALIE HOWARD grew up on a small Caribbean island where she spent most of her childhood with her nose buried in a book or being a tomboy running around barefoot, shimmying up mango trees and dreaming of adventure. Traveling the globe, she has worked as a research assistant, marketing representative, teen speaker and global sales executive. In between writing novels and indulging her love of reading, Amalie is also a books review editor for TheLoopNY, and blogs at amaliehoward.com. She is represented by the Liza Royce Agency.
Add WATERFELL to Goodreads
Buy WATERFELL on Amazon